Tournament Name: Wargods of the Ægyptus
Game system: Wargods of the Ægyptus
Wargods of Ægyptus is a game of mythical fantasy – a world filled with vengeful gods and cunning priests. It is the Antidiluvian Age. A time lost to history – only years after the fall of Atlantis, yet centuries before the Great Flood.
More than just a time of magic and steel, the Antidiluvian Age was an age of the gods. By the gods’ command, cities were build. For their favour, armies clashed. At their whim, empires rose to power… and fell into ruin. In the lands of the Nile, the Harbingers, the fists of the gods, indomitable warriors of preternatural might and unearthly skill. The names of the first of their kind are lost in time, the Harbingers have existed as the servants of the gods since the earliest days of Ægyptus. From their temples, the gods would send the Harbingers out into the land to enforce their will. In the lands of Olympus, the demigods, gifted with the power of the gods and half divine, they possessed both the power of the gods and the passions of their mortal heritage. In the shadow of Mount Olympus, the demigods led legions of men, armed with bronze shields and shining spears. Some are feared, others are loved, all are exalted by the common people. Overview This is a two day, 6 game, WarGods of Ægyptus tournament on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 January 2018.
Ægyptia, Olympian and Wendigo warbands are welcome.
Awards and Prizes
Certificates will be awarded for 1st and 2nd Overall, based on a combination of achieving scenario objectives, defeating enemy Warbands, defeating enemy leaders, painting and sportsmanship.
Certificates will also be awarded for, best sports and best painted
In order to minimise cost to players, there will not be any CanCon Dragon Trophies, or formal prizes.
The following Warband compositions restrictions will apply.
- 1750 point Warband.
- Harbinger/Demigod/Overlord/Ice Witch may start at up to Ka 2 (paying the appropriate point cost).
- Warbands may be selected from any Crocodile Games publication released before 1 January 2018. This includes the WarGods of Ægyptus rulebook, Wendigo Warband Guide, Croc Tales, WarGods of Olympus rulebook (if released), WarGods of Olympus preview Warband rules (if rulebook not released).
- Models must be WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) with the following exceptions.
- Non Crocodile Games models are acceptable as long as they are clearly identifiable, and appropriate to the theme of the Warband and WarGods in general.
- No models may be equipped with both heavy armour and a shield (of any type).
- Javelins and throwing clubs do not have to be represented on models.
- Armour may represent one class of armour up or down form what is represented on the model (paying the appropriate points cost. For example, a model in light armour can be used to represent no armour, light armour or medium armour; a model with no armour could represent no armour or light armour.
- Shields carried by models can represent normal or large shields (paying the appropriate points cost).
- Olympian Battle Honors do not need to represented on models as set out in the Olympian (currently trial) rules. However, any unit with Battle Honors must be clearly identifiable and different from other similar units, to both the owning player and their opponent. Tokens are an acceptable way to represent Battle Honors.
- Starting Spells and Powers will be rolled by the Tournament Organiser and provided to players once lists have been submitted. These Spells/Powers will be used for all games in the Tournament (not re-rolled before each game).
- Powers gained during the game should be rolled at the end of the game and witnessed by your opponent or the Tournament Organiser;.
- If you do not have an appropriate models for a rolled Power, or already have that Power, take lowest numbered Power not yet gained instead.
- Warbands must declare whether their leader is Famous or Infamous. Eater of the Dead, Wendigo and Titan Warbands are always Infamous. This must be listed when you submit your list and cannot be changed during the Tournament. Path may be important for Olympian Warbands using a War Altar.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Pre-registration Players Pack. This pack contains further information including rules for Patron Cities, Doom and interim rules for a range of models not yet available (Demigods, Honor Guard and Chariot Dirvers).
You may also wish to join the Croc Events section of the Crocodile Games forum http://www.crocodilegames.com/forum/forum.cfm
This tournament runs for 2 days at the following times:
- Saturday (Must play all selected days)
- Sunday (Must play all selected days)
Event capacity: 16
Is entry on the day allowed? Yes
Prize pool fee for this event: $0.00
Tournament Organiser(s): Nick Strusz
Organiser Email: email@example.com