Tournament Name: 15mm DE BELLIS ANTIQUITATAS
Game system: DBA 3.0
- For 2018, the DBA tournament will be contested over two days with six (6) rounds per day starting at 9.30am and scheduled to finish at approx. 4.30pm. There will be a champion for each day of competition and an overall champion for the tournament which will be based on the combined scores over the 2 days.
- For Day 1, (Friday 26 January 2018), armies may only be selected from Books 1 and 2. For Day 2 (Saturday 27th January 2018) armies will be restricted to Books 3 and 4. For each day the same 12 element army will be used in each round. This means that optional elements will not be permitted to be used. The 12 elements can also include approved allies appropriate to each list.
- Rules: DBA v3.0 (including any official amendments released by the author).
- Rule Variations
- Playing surface will be 700mm2 instead of the normal 600mm2.
- There will be no dismounting – troops will need to be specified as either mounted or dismounted in your list.
- Scoring will be:
- Winners will be awarded: 8 points for a win.
- Losers will be awarded: 1 point for finishing the game, + a point for each enemy element killed (max of 3 points) + a bonus point for killing opponent’s General + a bonus point for capturing opponent’s camp. Maximum score for a lost game is 6.
- Drawn games are scored at a point for each enemy element killed (max of 3 points) + a bonus point for killing opponent’s General + a bonus point for capturing opponent’s camp. Maximum score for a drawn game is 5.
- Camps must have camp followers (CF) or be garrisoned by one of your army’s 12 elements. If either of these conditions is not met then the camp will be considered undefended.
- All figures should be appropriately based, painted and recognizably depict the troops they represent.
- Figures are to be based for 15mm scale (i.e. 40mm frontage).
- Game duration is 1 hour with the next round commencing at most, 15 minutes after the scheduled finish of the previous round.
- Players are to provide their own terrain. Players are strongly encouraged to be creative with terrain building and depiction.
- Players can also register for a single day’s play, nominating either the Friday or Saturday.
How-To-Enter the DBA Championship
You can only enter the DBA championships by;
- Entering using the online ticketing system, via the “Click here for Ticketing” link below and,
- Advising the organiser by Friday 19 January 2018 of army lists (detailing the 12 elements to be used) and date (for aggression purposes).
Any queries regarding the DBA tournament should be directed to the tournament organiser:
Any questions about your entry should be directed to the CANCON CGS organisers.
Questions regarding your army list or rules should be directed to DBA Tournament Organiser.
Prize pool is $5.00 for either or both days, i.e., $5.00 for one day, $5.00 for two.
This tournament runs for either Friday AND Saturday, or Friday OR Saturday:
- Friday (Stand alone game)
- Saturday (Stand alone game)
Event capacity: 28
Is entry on the day allowed? Yes
Prize pool fee for this event: $5.00
Tournament Organiser(s): Peter Braham
Organiser Email: email@example.com