Tournament Name: DBR 15mm
Games System: WRG DBR 15mm
Renaissance at War – De Bellis Renationis (DBR)
Welcome to the 2017 Australian National/Trans-Tasman DBR Tournament. Note the tournament is six games over 3 days – Friday to Sunday – with the traditional Renaissance Dinner on Saturday night.
Armies: Players to bring an army composed of 400 AP (Kiwi) max taken from any of the three WRG army list books. Up to two lists may be submitted but both lists must be of the same date and location with the same or no ally. Lists to be submitted to email@example.com no later than Friday January 19, 2017. All figures must be suitably painted and correctly based.
The tables will be pre-set and based or themed on historical battles. Defending armies that have no compulsory terrain or home terrain on a pre-set battlefield may request, at the organisers’ discretion, have one FE of compulsory or home terrain added to the table or replace an existing terrain piece. Players are welcome to bring their armies’ compulsory or favourite home terrain features (suitably presentable) otherwise we will provide the required features.
Note that no difficult going (DGo) will be placed in the 300p centre “Gentlemen’s Fighting Zone” of the battlefield [see also Rules a) below].
Rules: WRG DBR v2 with internationally accepted amendments and guidelines, except:
- In most cases enclosed fields (E) will be treated as rough going (RGo), and
- The earliest battles can start in any season is Dawn, otherwise time and weather rules apply.
Other pertinent Tournament Rules in addition to the standard rule book include:
- Split of Shot (Sh) into Musket (Msk) [cost as per Sh classification] and Arquebus (Arq) [where listed all (O) @ 5 AP except Spanish/Russian Streltsy (S) @ 7 AP and Ottoman Janissaries (F) @ 5 AP].
- Distributed baggage – costed by command but loss only affects army break point. Non-allied baggage may be deployed together anywhere but allied baggage must be separate.
- 0 – 20 (10 + 10) Victory and Defeat points.
Details of Tournament Rules can be requested from Phil (see below). Additional pertinent instructions and guidelines, including photos of the battlefield tables, will be emailed and provided in the Players’ Guide issued before Round 1.
Please note that non-tournament enquiries relating to your entry should be directed to the organisers of CANCON.
“Famous By My Sword”
Maximum spaces available: 16
Organiser: Roger Mackay
Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday (Must play all selected days)
- Saturday (Must play all selected days)
- Sunday (Must play all selected days)
Is entry on the day allowed?: Yes
Entry fees will depend on days played.
- One day entry to Cancon 2017 is $40.00
- Two days entry are $50.00
- Three days entry are $55.00
Prize pool: $10.00