Tournament Name: WarGods of Olympus – Curse of the Snake People
Games System: WarGods of Aegyptus
WarGod of Olympus – Curse of the Snake People
In Sparta a baby is born with no legs. As per custom, it is left, exposed on a hillside. The next morning, both parents were dead.
In the fields surrounding Troy, there are infestations of serpents. Crops wither, and famine looms over the city.
In Corinth, strange symbols appear on door frames. Days later, a hideous sickness sweeps through the slums.
Across Hellas, the City-States are beset by vermin, famine, plague, and death. Fearful citizens whispers of cults festering in the shadows, and each City looks to its neighbours with suspicion. Tensions are rising as Cities accuse each other of taking advantage of the situation … or worse, causing it.
You are a staunch defender of y our city. You must rally the people to face this challenge. You must remain strong, as any sign of weakness will be exploited by rival cities. And in turn, you must exploit any weakness in your neighbours. It may be the only way to survive.
In the darkness, Golghaata stirs. She watches the City-States of Hellas bicker and squabble. She smiles and turns to her children. “Soon. Soon the cities of Hellas will be ours.” Her children respond with a chorus of anticipatory hisses.
This is a two day, 6 game, WarGods of Ægyptus tournament on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 January 2017. Please note that Thursday 26 January 2017 is the Australia Day public holiday. This tournament runs on Day 2 and Day 3 of CanCon 2017.
While the Tournament does have an Olympian theme, all Warbands, including Ægyptian and Wendigo are welcome. If players do have an Olympian Warband, they are strongly encouraged to consider taking it. All the scenarios, terrain and awards for this tournament will be themed around Olympus.
Awards and Prizes
Certificates will be awarded for 1st and 2nd Overall (Champion and Favoured of Zeus) (based on a combination of achieving scenario objectives, defeating enemy Warbands, defeating enemy leaders, painting and sportsmanship).
Certificates will be awarded for, best sports (Champion of Dionysus) and painted (Champion of Aphrodite).
In order to minimise cost to players, there will not be any CanCon Dragon Trophies, or formal prizes.
The following Warband compositions restrictions will apply.
- 1750 point Warband.
- Harbinger/Demigod/Overlord/Ice Witch may start at up to Ka 2 (paying the appropriate point cost).
- Warbands may be selected from any Crocodile Games publication released before 1 January 2017. This includes the WarGods of Ægyptus rulebook, Wendigo Warband Guide, Croc Tales, WarGods of Olympus rulebook (if released), WarGods of Olympus trial Warband rules (if rulebook not released).
- If rules for the Amazon, Athenian Trojan Demigods and Honor Guard, and Olympian chariot drivers are not available, use the rules provided in this document.
- Models must be WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) with the following exceptions.
- Non Crocodile Games models are acceptable as long as they are clearly identifiable, and appropriate to the theme of the Warband and WarGods in general.
- No models may be equipped with both heavy armour and a shield (of any type).
- Javelins and throwing clubs do not have to be represented on models.
- Armour may represent one class of armour up or down form what is represented on the model (paying the appropriate points cost. For example, a model in light armour can be used to represent no armour, light armour or medium armour; a model with no armour could represent no armour or light armour.
- Shields carried by models can represent normal or large shields (paying the appropriate points cost).
- Olympian Battle Honors do not need to represented on models as set out in the Olympian (currently trial) rules. However, any unit with Battle Honors must be clearly identifiable and different from other similar units, to both the owning player and their opponent. Tokens are an acceptable way to represent Battle Honors.
- Starting Spells and Powers will be rolled by the Tournament Organiser and provided to players once lists have been submitted. These Spells/Powers will be used for all games in the Tournament (not re-rolled before each game).
- Powers gained during the game should be rolled at the end of the game and witnessed by your opponent or the Tournament Organiser;.
- If you do not have an appropriate models for a rolled Power, or already have that Power, take lowest numbered Power not yet gained instead.
- Warbands must declare whether their leader is Famous or Infamous. Eater of the Dead, Wendigo and Titan Warbands are always Infamous. This must be listed when you submit your list and cannot be changed during the Tournament. Path may be important for Olympian Warbands using a War Altar.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Pre-registration Players Pack. This pack contains further information including rules for Patron Cities, Doom and interim rules for a range of models not yet available (Demigods, Honor Guard and Chariot Dirvers). You may also wish to join the Croc Events section of the Crocodile Games forum http://www.crocodilegames.com/forum/forum.cfm.
Maximum spaces available: 16
Organiser: Erik Connell
Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Saturday (Must play all selected days)
- Sunday (Must play all selected days)
Is entry on the day allowed?: No
Entry fees will depend on days played.
- One day entry to Cancon 2017 is $40.00
- Two days entry are $50.00
- Three days entry are $55.00
Prize pool: $0.00